Sunday, February 19, 2017

High Tide & more Birthdays.....

Hi All,
I'm so happy you stopped by today. I know it's been awhile since I last posted but my ASUS computer got a virus & it's pretty much dead....sigh. Because of that I had to wait until my darling husband (who is my in house IT guy) had time to move my files to my new computer, (his old one)... He is still trying to transfer data from the other computer to my google drive so I can access it on my new computer. I'm very blessed to have him around to do this for me.  Anyhoo...remember a couple of weeks ago when I last posted an update here I mentioned that February was a month filled with birthdays well I have been busy making more birthday cards. The first card I'm sharing today is the card I made for my youngest son's birthday. I used the new Stampin' Up! High Tide stamp set.  I couldn't wait to play with this awesome stamp set. The masking technique I C.A.S.E.'d (copy and share everything) from Tina a fellow demonstrator. Her card was done in  real red but my son's favorite color is blue so I used dapper denim and switched some things around to make it my own. I love how it turned out. I used gold embossing for the Happy Birthday and the dot in the center of the lighthouse window is a rhinestone so that when you move the card it sparkles and almost looks like a real light plus everything is better with a little sparkle. I also clear embossed the sand under the lighthouse to give it texture. He was very impressed with the card & still has it on display in the front room of our home. That was exactly what I was hoping for when I made the card. To finish the inside and envelope I stamped the standing birds stamp that is included in this stamp set. The sentiment came for the Stampin' Up! Guy Greetings stamp set I think it is very masculine and that is just what I was looking for on this card.

This card as it says is for a friend who likes pink. I used the Awesomely Artistic stamp set. It's an oldie but a goody Stampin' Up! stamp set. I paired it with basic gray and sweet sugarplum ink on very vanilla cardstock with a touch of playful palette designer series paper. Then for the coloring of the flowers I used so saffron, emerald envy and sweet sugarplum ink with just a tiny bit of water. I used the emerald envy and sweet sugarplum inks stamped off to stamp the dots from the stamp set. I cut one of the new double sided doilies in half. With the very vanilla side up I just tucked it under the edge of the paper to form a wrap for the flowers to be coming out of. I stamped the dragonfly in sweet sugarplum and even though you can't tell from this picture I put Wink of Stella on it's wings to add some bling.  A touch of ruched ribbon in sweet sugarplum and a sentiment popped up on a couple of dimensionals and Viola!!! you have a  sweet feminine birthday card for a friend.  I think this turned out way cute especially as the "collage" style is not usually my cup of tea.

You'll find a "Products list" below should you wish to re-create either of these birthday cards all you have to do is click on the item pictured below and it will take you right to my online Stampin' Up webstore. Remember right now is Sale-A-Bration time at Stampin' Up! and that means that for every $50 you spend before shipping and tax you get to chose a FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration item. There are stamps sets, designer series paper and a metallic ribbon duo to choose from. This sale only lasts until March 31st 2017 and as we approach that date some of the more popular items maybe out of stock so don't delay get your order in today!!!

Well that's it for today. Thank you for stopping by and spending time with me.  I hope you have had fun and found some inspiration too. Until next time, take care and Happy Stampin'!








               ******Product List******
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment