Monday, March 4, 2019

Flowering desert....

Hi All

Today I just have to share with you the wonderful Flowering Desert stamp set from Stampin' Up! It's in the 2019 Occasions Catalog on page 29. As I moved back to the Phoenix AZ area 2.5 years ago when I saw this set I simply had to have it.  This is a very simple card was inspired by a drive into town to look at new homes.....Yes you read that right I'm moving at the end of the month from Buckeye AZ to Goodyear AZ. While they are both in the Phoenix metro area it is a move and it carries with it all that a move involves so anyway on to the card....


I used thick whisper white cardstock for the card base. I then placed a 1 inch strip of the Sale-A-Bration Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper. I used a quarter sheet of whisper white cardstock to stamp the cactus the flowers and the sentiment which is another Sale-A-Bration freebie called Part of my Story.  You can get these items too by just making a $50 before tax and shipping order at my online webstore. For this card I use pear pizzazz, flirty flamingo and memento black ink. I used my circle dies and for embellishments I used a frosted flower and a few basic adhesive backed sequins as well as a small piece of the mini sequin trim as one can never have to much bling...... I stamped and fussy cut the cactus and flowers out and then after attaching the flowers to the cactus with mini glue dots I used dimensionals to adhere the cactus to the card everything else is adhered directly to the card base with snail adhesive. I used a watercolor pencil to create a patch of dirt to set the cactus on as I don't like to see things that are usually in the ground floating in air. I think it turn out great and it was pretty quick too.

Hopefully this card gives you some creative inspiration. You can find all the products I used for this card in my online webstore by just clicking the "SHOP NOW" just on the right of this post.  I'd love to earn your business so if you don't have a demonstrator and want a catalog or have questions please leave me a comment and I'll get back to you right away.

Okay so that's it for today. Thank you for stopping by. Take care and until next time Happy Stampin'!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment