Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...

Hi, sorry that I have not updated my blog lately.  There has been a major change in my live recently, my Dad died on February 1st. Many of you know that he has been sick for several months and while I know that he is in a much better place, I still miss him. When I have not been dealing with all the stuff that is involved in saying goodbye to a loved one, I have been busy preparing for my second Cricut Club meeting. I will have to share those pictures with you all at another time as I think the ladies who attend should get to see the scrapbook page layout first since they have paid for the class.  I do have a cute little valentine card I made for my sweet wonderful husband that he will get first thing today.


I used BoBunny patterned papers, Joann's textured cardstock a button from my stash and some Jilly bean twine in pink. the hearts where made with a Martha Stewart border punch the sentiment was done with a Studio G stamp found in a dollar bin at Michael's the ribbon is from American Crafts, I colored the leaves on the stem of the flower with prismacolor pens and then smoothed them out using odorless mineral spirits. Of course the bling is done using stickles. 
I hope you enjoy your own Valentine's Day. Thanks for stopping  by my corner of the web.

God Bless,
Vickie

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Father. Love this Valentines Day card. I'm stopping by from the Link Up party on pink cricut. I'm a new follower and would love for you to join my site too!

    Melissa
    myscraphour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie- I am so sad to hear about your dad. Sending a big hug to you!! Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your DAD.
    I like you card. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie, Sorry for the loss of your dad. I loss my dad a little over 2 years ago, and I still miss him. Your card is beautiful. Nice colors. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.
    Blessings,
    Tameko

    ReplyDelete