Monday, June 12, 2017

Swirly Bird Boat....

Hi All,
Today I'm sharing the card I made for my awesome husband for our 41st wedding anniversary.  I used Stampin' Up's Swirly Bird stamp set to make the sail boat and High Tide stamp set for the water & birds. I stamped the water in one of the new 2017-2019 In Colors of Tranquil Tide and I only inked up the stamp once and let it fade out as it went up to give the card the look of distance from the front of the card. I then put Tranquil Tide ink on a sponge dauber and lightly rub it across the water marks. I then used scrap cardstock to make a mask for the mountains and with another sponge dauber I used Dapper Denim ink. I used the wet dauber  so that it would be darker at the top of the mask going lighter the closer I got to the top of the card.This made both the mountains & the sky.  I then used the 1 3/8' circle punch in another piece of scrap cardstock and with a third sponge dauber in So Saffron I sponged the sun into the sky & with almost dry dauber I put a bit of the So Saffron into the water as a reflection. I stamped the boat base, the greeting, which is from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, & birds in Early Espresso. I stamped the sails on another scrap of cardstock in Lemon Lime Twist (another 2017-2019 In Color) & Dapper Denim. I then drew a mast using the Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker & a ruler. I fussy cut the sails & put a dimensional to pop them up. I finished the card with a bit of Wink of Stella to the water so that it sparkled & shimmer when the card was moved. All this was done on Whisper White cardstock. Once I completed the picture I attached it to a Dapper Denim card base to complete the card. As an "Artist at Heart" I love how thanks to Stampin' Up  stamps & just a bit of ink I'm able to basically paint a picture. I've added a list of products at the end of this post so that if my artwork inspires you to create a picture too you'll be able to get all the supplies at my online webstore. All you have to do is click on a picture to get to my webstore.  I'd love to earn your business so please leave me a comment if you have a question or just want a catalog & I'll get back to you right away.

Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web. Take care & until next time Happy Stampin'!







                                                 **** Product List****

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful, Vickie! Because of your detailed directions, I'm actually going to attempt this! Thanks so much for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete